Home of the ARBBL

We lose, so you don't have to!

Forums

Forum Home > Dreadball > Dreadball

Dave

I think we need a Dreadball sub forum (like we have for warmachine).

I really enjoyed my game yesterday (despite the loss), I know it's only one match but the gameplay feels better, much faster and more involved than Blood Bowl.....(sacrilege I know!) 

I thought we could use this thread to hash out rule queries and other useful stuff.

Something that came up in my game was "what happens if you are pushed onto the ball?" From what I have read the player MUST attempt to pick up the ball if pushed onto it (this is only if he is still standing, knocked down players simply scatter the ball). Aslo if he is successful and doubles his required score to pick up then he will get a free action! This means he could score in the opponents rush! 

That will do for now, if we keep playing at the club then I can see myself investing heavily. :roll:

--

They're dead, Dave

October 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkson
Administrator

Done.

--

I survived the 525.

October 17, 2013 at 2:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronquilo

So, after watching Mike's game of Dreadball last night (and re-reading) the rules it would appear that I was cheating through my entire game against Oli. Jacks can only move 1 square before slamming or throwing.  Not as we thought a full 5 move, thats only for strikers.

No wonder the locusts seemed vastly over-powered! Though now with skill 5 strikers I think I have to change the entire gameplan with them.

Will have to try them out again now, using the real rules...

--

Rolling 2's and 1's since August.

October 23, 2013 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Big Belcher
Site Owner

We will get there with the rules.

need to check up the rules card and free action which allows a run or throw.

--

An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.

October 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkson
Administrator
Yep, couple of things came up in our game that a quick skim didn't show, but easier to explain/ask with a board in front of me.
--

I survived the 525.

October 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Big Belcher
Site Owner

Just read through quick worthy q & a ref dreadball. Regard the card run or throw action.

some are saying that you can only do what the card says and not select to not do a part of it. I.e. A sucker punch is you move from the front to the back and slam.

others say that you may split the definition and perform a part of the action I.e. A sucker punch you could just run round the back and not slam. 

One suggestion is that all cards have an invisible Run added to the action but then the run or throw becomes run,run or run,throw so do you run twice.

the main answer at the moment is follow the rules, which are a bit clearer on the summary page of season 3,

so if it is a run you can run then dash.

If it is a slam a guard can run, a jack 1 hex then you slam.

A throw is jack 1 hex move a striker run and then throw.

A sucker punch to happen you must move from front to back and slam.

The any action comes out as everything you could normally do when you activate a player.

People are confusing an Action to activate a player and an action they can perform.

it does what it says on the tin.

--

An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.

October 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkson
Administrator

Now have DB Season 2 book.

--

I survived the 525.

October 25, 2013 at 2:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkson
Administrator

Jake Thorton's site has the current Living FAQ.

--

I survived the 525.

October 25, 2013 at 2:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.